2011년 1월 17일 월요일

Writing Chain : The Present by class 21

Hi. I'm Nicky from class21 at GLPS, and this is a story we wrote togheter in writing class.
I hope you will like it.

*    *     *

 Maybe it was because I stopped, or maybe it was destiny. I'll never know. But the only thing I learned from this experience is that there are things that are best when left alone.

 It all started when I turned 16. I should have seen it comming. Since my 14th birthday, trouble can't  resist to stay off my birthday it seemed. The day I turned 14,I was comming back from school with my best friend, Hailey, when suddenly a car swerved in my direction and crashed into the sidewalk marking me with a scar across my face. I don't know if it was destiny, then destiny likes to fool around with some one's life it seemed, because on my 15th birthday the same car came crash right next to me. Lukily it missed me. Haily was not there,thank god, and there for not crushed. She usually doesn't miss ny birthday but she was busy, same as today. So having nothing to do, I went to the mall with my dad and little sister. My mother died two years ago.
 I was listening to my iPod, with my little sister whining for candies and dad talking to other mothers about cabbages when my iPod stopped playing and a voice came out from it. " There you are. Are you listening to me?", it asked. " Yes, I am.", I answered, stunned. What was this? A radio brodcast? " Well, do you remember your scar? Then...DUCK!!!" I did. Somebody screamed - there was an apple with an arrow in it. The apple turned purple and turned into ash.
 It was all so wierd. Why me? Why an arrow? While I was still thinking it over, the voice in the iPod said,     " Now get out of here she's gaining on you again." I ran. I didn't look back until I was back home. I was so scared. And in my head a question kept on replaying again and again. Why? That was my only thought. The I remembered the voice in the IPod. " Hello? Is anybody there?" I asked and I was answered, " I guess you wan't to know what's going on?" " Yes. Why is somebody trying to kill me suddenly? What did I do? And how do you know? Why do you even care?" I felt my eyes suddenly fill with tears. I didn't do anything do deserve this. Why couldn't I just have a normal life? Then I felt my heart lurch at the voice's reply. " Because... I'm your mom." I was shocked. It wasn't possible. How? It must be a trick. But I wanted to believe it. I needed my mom. So stupidly, I played along. " But... how?" " Ghosts have certain days which we can communicate with the living. Friday the13th. And since your birthday is January 13th, the combination of your birth and my death and the dead's most powerful date. I can see you and you can,too. Today the dead and the living are together." ,
I was still trying to grasp that idea when the door flew open and my chaser, my to-be-murderer, my best friend, Hailey, stood there holding an arrow in her bow. My head began to swim. It was too much, too much for me to handle... " You think you deserve to live? No, You are the one who deserves to die, not me!", she screamed at my direction. She looked delirious. She also looked a bit more pale than usual, too.
 " What do you mean? Why are you trying to kill me? I thought we were friends!"
" Ha, some friend you are! Don't you remember how I died instead of you?"
I could feel the blood draining away from my face. It all came back to me now. At my 14th birthday when the car came crashing into us, I escaped the horrible accident with only a scar but Hailey didn't make it. I remmembered hearing from the doctor that if we are in shock, our minds sometimes forget things. But that meant...
" You are a ghost?!" I was shocked. What happened to the world?
" Yes, and after today, you will be,too!", and she put another arrow in her bow. I remmembered that Hailey used to be a great archer. I saw the arrow leave the bow but I couldn't move. I just stood there,frozen. The arrow pierced... in to the IPod. I screamed. No, Hailey screamed and her voice, the remains of her soul was sucked into the IPod. The old grandfather chimed 12 times announcing midnight. Announcing that Hailey was gone. Announcing my mom's first and last birthday present: my life.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기